Local representative that can be appointed are:
- Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Residents
- Any foreigner who wishes to work in Singapore or an authorised representative must seek approval from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
It is compulsory for a business to appoint a local authorised representative when:
- Sole-proprietor of a sole-proprietorship is residing outside Singapore.
- All partners of a partnership are residing outside Singapore.
- For a situation where sole-proprietorship or partnership is owned by a foreign or local company and all the directors of the company are residing outside Singapore.
(Adapted from Source: ACRA, Authorised Representative of Sole-Proprietorships or Partnerships)